Finally an East Coast or Midwest home in Sunny San Diego
Are you longing for what those East Coast and Midwest homes offer and found that you just are not satisfied with what California homes have to offer. We found a solution! This Cape Cod Country home was built and designed by the seller to make them feel like they were back east. Since they built the house in 1991, every detail has been carefully thought out. This house was designed with every amenity imaginable for a family home that also works terrific for entertaining. If you would really like to live in the Midwest or East Coast but can not leave the California climate, this is the place. This private location makes you feel like they are deep in the country but actually just a short drive from all the amenities of the city. You and your clients must see this house. We have found the solution to the “Bi-coastal Blues”.
Value Range priced from 1,120,000 to 1,295,000
( click for mortgage calculator )
- Level and 100% usable 2.25 Acres. Ad a pool, tennis, Stables or guest home
- Private Street up a easement with only 5 Houses maintained by a Neighbor Agreement
- Perfect for a Horse ranch with barns riding ring its wide open
- Beautiful park-like setting with house surrounded by 10 mature California live oak trees
- Seller is the original owner, builder and designer of this unique custom Cape Cod Farmhouse style home with wrap-around porches & private decks off of every room.
- Property has great soil (from former avocado grove with lots of mulch) with country garden and a variety of fruit, citrus and oak tree
- It Feels like you are “out in the country” but actually close-in to North County Fair, Shopping, Downtown Escondido, and schools
- Located in beautiful Southeast Escondido
- Minutes from distinguished L.R. Green School, San Pasqual High School and Kit Carson Park
- Western view of costal Mountains with gorgeous sunsets
- Plenty of room for pool, tennis court or guest house
- 3 car garage with built-in workbench, counters, storage, utility sink &, mud room with huge attic above the garage for additional storage, or more living space.
- RV Parking concrete pad next to garage. With basket ball court
- Large concrete parking and turn-out area in driveway. Plenty of room to park and turn around.
- Walk-in unfinished 600 – 800 square foot basement under kitchen and dining area , ideal for granny flat, Recreation room or additional storage.
- Four high quality built-in speakers with built in cabinet for entertainment center in Great Room which sound system is pre-wired throughout house for additional future speakers.
- Septic system has been recently cleaned and certified.
- Four (4) bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, plus huge loft and big laundry/work activity room that could easily converted to another bedroom.
- Two fireplaces and a wood stove (Vermont Castings) that can heat the common area of the house on those chilly nights and mornings.
- Split level home with 4 separate half levels. Four (4) zones (master suite, guest area, kids area and great room.
- Two Zone heating and air-conditioning with brand new HVAC Units in 2005.
- Security System installed
- Unique open, light and airy floor plan with vaulted ceilings
- Gorgeous custom crafted beveled glass entry door
- Impeccably maintained oak hard wood floors and new carpet.
- Cable TV Access, also with satellite dish & receiver.
- Spacious, 20 ft by 24 foot great room with vaulted ceilings & hardwood floors with a wall of French doors going out to the new wrap-around porch, huge used brick fireplace with built in wood bin, hearth and entertainment center
- Large loft/office are overlooking great room, kitchen with old-fashioned dormer windows
- Spacious rotunda type dining area with large view bay window and cozy window seats overlooking garden
- Gourmet kitchen with large double island open to the great room and dining room –used brick wall with wood stove (capable of heating kitchen, great room, dining and loft areas), custom oak cabinetry (with glide-out shelves), huge walk-in pantry, Subzero side by side refrigerator/freezer, glass top electric range, self cleaning microwave built-in combination ovens, trash compactor, dishwasher and barbeque deck off kitchen
- Ceiling Fans throughout the house with reverse speeds to help push heat down at chilly times.
- Gas line stubbed out in back yard for Barbeque, fire pit, Jacuzzi or pool heater.
- Huge master suite with spacious sitting area with fireplace, serene private deck, spacious walk-in closet with built-ins and large bathroom containing old fashioned deep claw footed bath, big shower with double heads, raised height Pullman and large dressing area with double sinks.
- Private guest suite wing with private bath that could be used for guest room, mother-in law, office or library. Bathroom has beautiful antique dresser with sink mounted in top.
- Huge laundry/craft/sewing room with lots of built-ins, storage closet, large work island and Utility Sink. Possibly conversion to 5th bedroom.
- Children’s level ˝ story down, with own sitting or play area off bedrooms and French doors with deck off each bedroom “Jack & Jill” bathroom and large shared closet between the two (2) kids bedrooms.
- Unfinished walk-in basement – ideal for conversion for apartment, granny flat, or recreation room by adding bay windows, French doors and a patio.
- Approximately 600 to 800 square feet.
- Door to hidden storage area in Loft
- Door to hidden storage area in laundry for “wine cellar”
- Wonderful vegetable garden & perennial flower garden
- Auto sprinkler system throughout all landscaped areas
Presented by Shea Realty
Site Design: Premier Web Designs